- OPEN AN ACCOUNT
- Savings Accounts
- Inside RCI Bank
- Support Centre
- CONTACT US
- Legal Centre
- Security Centre
- MOBILE BANKING APP
At RCI Bank, we care about your privacy and your data.
Protecting your personal data is a priority for the RCI BANK & SERVICES Group
Our websites and apps use technologies such as cookies to provide you with a high-quality, fluid and personalised experience. The information in this Policy supplements the information on personal data protection
Protecting your online data is a priority for RCI BANK AND SERVICES. You can reconsider your choices regarding cookies at any time by using our cookie-management tool: Manage my choices
1. Who are we?
RCI BANK [to be completed: country] and RCI BANK AND SERVICES are independent data controllers of the data collected by the cookies and other trackers read or placed on your device (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”).
To find out more, we invite you to read the information on personal data protection
2. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small computer file, a tracker, deposited and read when visiting a website, using a mobile app, reading an e-mail, installing or using software, regardless of the type of device used (computer, smartphone, digital reader, video game console connected to the Internet, etc.).
When visiting and using a website, cookies may send information to the user's browser and allow the browser to send information back to the original website (for example, a session ID or choice of language).
Cookies do not allow us to identify you directly but only to gather specific information on your device, browser, interactions with the website or app you are using and, in some cases, your geographical location.
The technologies used may link several of the devices you may have used to determine, with sufficient probability, that these devices belong to you.
3. What are cookies used for on this website?
This website uses different types of cookies.
These cookies are intended to enable or facilitate electronic communication (detection of connection errors, identification of connection points, website security, etc.) or to provide online communication services which you might specifically request (screen display preferences, saving information entered in the forms, shopping cart (if applicable), access to your user account, chat or chatbot on our website, etc.).
These cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of our website.
You may not object to the use of these cookies and your consent is not required, as the services on our website are reliant on these cookies.
Social cookies are used by us for advertising and analytics purposes, especially to show you our ads when you are connected to social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and to help us understand the user interactions and engagements with our ads on these social networks.
These cookies are also intended to make the website more user-friendly and interactive, by allowing you to interact with these social networks and by embedding contents from these social networks on our Site (such as YouTube videos).
These cookies can process data such as the number of contents shared through social networks, the fact that you have an account on a social network, the tracking of your browsing on websites or these social networks, etc. These features are based on third-party applications integrated into our website. The social network providing such an application button is likely to identify you through this button, even if you did not use this button when you visited our website. This type of application button may allow the social network in question to track your browsing on our website, by the mere fact that your account on the social network in question was activated on your device (open session) at the same time that you were browsing our website.
We recommend that you consult the relevant privacy policies of these social networks to learn about the ways these social networks use the information they may collect, via these application buttons, or for advertising purposes. These privacy policies must allow you to express your preferences on these social networks, in particular by setting up your user accounts for each of these networks.
The use and storage of these cookies is subject to your consent.
Personalised advertising and content cookies
These cookies are intended to improve the relevance of advertisements and content on this website and on third-party media. Whenever we send you promotional messages or display such messages, our objective is to send you the most relevant advertisements and offers possible, tailored to your needs or that are likely to actually interest you.
These cookies may process data relating to your personal preferences, your interests in our products and/or services and, your consumption habits.
This automated data processing therefore contributes to a better online experience:
- By showing you relevant offers at the right time,
- By discarding offers that will most likely not interest you,
- Or even by limiting the number of times you are shown the same advertisement.
The data processed in this context may have been collected from different sources and may be interconnected: data from our customer files, navigation data, data from third parties, etc. The use of such tools is defined as profiling by regulations.
The use and storage of these cookies is subject to your consent.
These cookies are intended to analyse website traffic and to improve your browsing experience.
These cookies may process data relating to the pages visited, the time spent on visited pages, the browser you use to visit these pages, etc.
The data collected by these cookies may also be used to create algorithms and profiles to analyse your potential interests and preferences for our products and services. We may combine this data with other information, such as information from our customer database (for more information on profiling and how to object to such profiling, please see our information on personal data protection.
4. What cookies are used on this website?
The attached table contains the list of all the cookies stored and/or used by this website and their main characteristics. Whenever possible, these cookies are hosted on servers located in the European Economic Area (EEA). However, as some of our service providers are located in countries outside the EEA, your personal data are processed in these countries, which may have different regulations on personal data than the European Union. In such a case, (i) we pay close attention to ensuring that this transfer is carried out in accordance with the applicable regulations and (ii) we put in place safeguards ensuring an adequate level of protection of your data (in particular by using the European Commission's standard contractual clauses).
Our website may contain third parties’ cookies (communication agency, analytics services, etc.) allowing them, during the life of the cookies, to collect browsing information relating to our website. The storage and use of these cookies by third parties is subject to the privacy policies of such third parties. We inform you of the purpose of any third-party cookies on our website as well as the means at your disposal to make choices about these cookies.
|Name||Host||Type and Duration||Category and Host|
Analytics:Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitors uses the website.
Advertising:Used by Google AdSense for experimenting with advertisement efficiency across websites using their services.
Analytics:Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitors uses the website.
Analytics:Used by Google Tag Manager to control the loading of a Google Analytics script tag.
Functional:Used by Doubleclick for analytics and billing purposes and to load scripts and code into a web page.
Functional :Used by Doubleclick for analytics and billing purposes
Personalised Advertising:Used by Tradedesk for experimenting with advertisement efficiency across websites using their services
Personalised advertising:Used by Tradedesk for experimenting with advertisement efficiency across websites using their services.
5. How is your consent obtained?
You may withdraw your consent at any time or change your choices (for example by accepting only certain types of cookies) with our dedicated tool [link to open the Cookie management tool].
6. How long is your consent stored?
When you accept or refuse all or part of cookies on our website, your choice is saved and stored (and we will keep a record of your preferences) for a period of 6 months at most. This means that when you consult our website later, during this period, we will not request any action on your behalf regarding cookies as we will have a record of your stored preferences.
7. How can you manage cookies?
You have several options for managing cookies, including blocking their use and/or deleting them.
A cookie tool allowing you to manage your cookie preferences is provided to allow you to manage the cookies stored and/or used on this website. At any time, by clicking on this link below, you can access the configurator and change your preferences, depending on the type of cookie concerned.
Manage the Cookies
You may also manage cookies via your browser.
However, don't forget to set up all the browsers on your various devices (tablets, smartphones, computers, etc.).
Each browser has a different setup for managing cookies and your choices. It is described in your browser's help menu, which will tell you how to change your cookie preferences. For instance:
- for Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- for Safari™:https://support.apple.com/safari
- for Chrome™: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- for Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- for Opera™: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Opting out of third-party cookies
You can choose to disable some third-party cookies by going directly to the page of the issuer of the cookie. In this way:
- to disable Google Analytics cookies, go to the page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
- to disable Facebook cookies, go to the page: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies
- to disable Twitter cookies, go to the page: https://help.twitter.com/en/personalization-data-settings
8. How can you exercise your other rights?
In accordance with applicable personal data protection legislation, you have the right to access, rectify, object to, restrict and delete your personal data. To exercise your other rights, please consult our information on the protection of your personal data by clicking on the following link - https://www.rcibank.co.uk/support-centre/legal-centre/privacy-cookies.
We may change this policy from time to time. We will inform you and/or seek your consent whenever necessary or required. We therefore recommend that you consult this policy each time you visit our website in order to review the latest version.
Version 1: 25/08/21
RCI Bank is a trading name of RCI Bank UK Limited which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 815220. RCI Bank UK Limited is registered in England and Wales, No.11429127. Registered offices: Rivers Office Park, Denham Way, Rickmansworth, WD3 9YS. You can confirm our registration on the Financial Services Register. RCI Bank is part of the RCI Group of companies whose intermediate parent company is RCI Banque SA trading as “RCI Bank and Services” and whose ultimate parent company is Renault SA (all of which comprise the, “RCI Group” or “Group”). The RCI Group therefore includes, RCI Banque SA, RCI Financial Services Limited, RCI Bank UK Limited and our ultimate parent company’s group of companies. If the RCI Group changes from time to time, we will inform you of any changes. If you would like more information on the companies that make up the RCI Group, please get in touch or go online to www.rcibs.com and group.renault.com.
2. What information do we collect?
The categories of information we collect about you and the way in which we collect it are as follows:
Personal data you give to us: This is information about you that you voluntarily give to us by entering information via our website (www.rcibank.co.uk), our social media platforms (such as Twitter and Facebook), or when you correspond with us by instant chat, phone, email, or otherwise.
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, contacting us in relation to the services we provide or making an enquiry about our services, requesting further services, and engaging in correspondence with us by phone, email or otherwise.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
We may also collect other information such as information you provide through customer surveys, feedback, complaints and correspondence or communications. Some information is required information, but other information is optional and if you do not want to give it to us, you do not need to. We are always grateful for information you do provide though because this helps us to improve our products and services.
The categories of personal data that may be collected voluntarily includes: title, full name, email address, address, contact telephone number, enquiry details, cardholder and payment details, dates and details of your event, legal information relating to claims made by you or against you, information contained in our correspondence or other communications with you about our services or business (including responses to any surveys), and your marketing preferences.
Personal data we collect about you: We may automatically collect the following information: details of transactions you carry out through our website, and your visits to our website, including, but not limited to, the date and time you used our services, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources you access, and the number and frequency of your visits. We may also automatically collect technical information, including anonymous data collected by the hosting server for statistical purposes, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We may also collect any personal data which you allow to be shared that is part of your public profile or third party social network.
Personal data we may receive from other sources: We may also receive information from third parties, suppliers and partners about the products and services you have purchased. We may also collect information about you from enquiries we make, including from the searches we do with fraud prevention and credit reference agencies and enquiries we may make internally, or with any other RCI Group company, about your performance of any other agreement you have with us or an RCI Group company.
3. What do we do with the information we collect?
The purposes for which we use your information and the legal basis under data protection laws on which we rely to do this are as follows:
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests or that of a third party. This includes:
- to help us understand how our website is used and by whom, to research customer demographics, interests, and behaviour, and to assist, enhance and personalise customer experience (including with customised services and to make improvements to our services and website);
- creating a profile to offer you tailored products and services for direct marketing purposes;
- using ‘list-based’ targeting tools via social media platforms to offer you and like-minded individuals tailored products and services for direct marketing purposes;
- making available personalised offers and promotions to you;
- identifying trends to develop new products and services;
- advising you about the products and services that we provide to you in response to a request about this;
- collecting and analysing information so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you by tailoring and making relevant all our service and communications;
- preventing fraud, money laundering and other criminal activities, and to verify your identity, in order to protect our business and to comply with laws that apply to us;
- for product development, statistical analysis and market research including customer surveys so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think will be of interest to you (we may want to contact you from time to time for market research, however you can ask us not to contact you for this purpose at any time);
- providing you with customer support and services, including answering questions and responding to feedback and complaints;
- monitoring communications between us (calls, letters, emails and texts) to prevent and detect crime, to protect the security of our communications, systems and procedures, and for quality control and training purposes;
- for management and audit of our business operations, including accounting and analysis;
- to verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as our customer;
- for network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- for improving our processes, systems, operations and services (including testing) and for business continuity and disaster recovery purposes; and
- for the establishment and defence of our legal rights.
4. Data anonymisation and use of aggregated information
Your information may be converted into statistical or aggregated data in such a way as to ensure that you are not identified or identifiable from it. Aggregated data cannot be linked back to you as a natural person. We might pass on this information to companies in our Group for analytical and statistical purposes or to other companies, such as advertisers, to use for our business and research purposes.
5. Who may receive or have access to your information
We may share your information with:
- Companies and consultants providing services to us. Such third parties may include advertising and marketing agencies, mail outsourcing service providers, information technology service providers who provide and maintain our systems, our website host and mobile application (“App”) host, and administrative service providers. Those companies and consultants providing services to us will only use your information to provide those services to us.
- Third party suppliers who fulfil business activities for us. Such third parties may include marketing, advertising, events and market research companies. When we use third party service providers, we only disclose to them any personal data that is necessary for them to provide their service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
- Selected partners who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request.
- A purchaser or potential purchaser of our business or otherwise in the event of a merger, acquisition, re-organisation or similar event.
- A third party company that may take over your contract so that you can continue with your contract.
- A third party involved in the funding, liquidity, capital or treasury and/or related services in relation to your contract with us.
- Third party insurance and services providers.
- Credit reference, identity authentication and fraud prevention agencies to help us make credit decisions and fraud prevention checks (they may also share information about you with us).
- The police, fraud prevention and identity authentication entities, other law enforcement agencies, government and tax authorities in the United Kingdom or abroad in order to detect, investigate and prevent crime (please note that fraud prevention agencies may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your information to detect, investigate and prevent crime).
- The courts in the United Kingdom or abroad as necessary to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect vital interests and to protect the security or integrity of our business operations.
- Our legal and other professional advisors.
- Anyone else where you have given consent or as required by law.
Please be aware that we engage third party agencies, who on occasion, may contact customers by post, email, telephone or SMS message on our behalf (for example, to discuss customised offers based on information we hold about you). Any information that you provide to the agency or any requests that you make for further information will be passed onto RCI Bank and we will deal with your query. Please be assured that any information you provide to the agency will be kept secure and confidential.
When disclosing your information to third parties, we will always take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
7. Marketing Communications
We would like to contact you with exciting and relevant information about RCI Bank’s promotions, events, information, products and services which may be of interest to you. We may do this by post, email, SMS and/or telephone where you have indicated that you would like to receive marketing information from us in such ways.
You have the right to opt-out of our use of your information to provide marketing to you. For email and SMS, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in those communications. Please see section 11 for further details on your rights.
8. Marketing and social media
We may share your information with certain third-party social media platforms for direct marketing purposes to make our products and services more responsive to your interests and/or those of like-minded individuals. We may use your email address on ‘list-based’ targeting tools offered by social media platforms and match you on social media for the purposes of direct marketing. For example, we may aggregate your email address together with the email addresses of other customers that visit our website, hash such data, and transmit the hashed data to Facebook for the purposes of creating “Custom Audiences” (where targeted ads are sent to people on Facebook who have already been on our website). We may also use your email address to build “Lookalike Audiences” based on your characteristics or interests using targeting tools on social media platforms, for example, where targeted ads are sent to people on Facebook who have similar characteristics to people on our Custom Audience list.
You can opt-out of this use of your personal information for targeted ads at any time by contacting us at the details in section 14 and we will take steps to remove your information from our social media marketing lists.
9. Where we store your information / Transfers to third countries
Sometimes our service providers or other group companies may be located in other countries, in which case we may send your personal information to countries which have different standards of data protection than the UK. We have put in place protections to ensure that your information is always safeguarded.
We store your information on servers located within the UK or European Economic Area (EEA), specifically, in France. We may change the location of servers in the future to improve services to you, but we shall always ensure that we put in place protections to ensure that your information is safeguarded. Due to the international nature of our business, there may be some instances where your information is processed or stored outside of the UK and/or EEA. In those instances, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage as required by applicable law.
Whenever fraud prevention agencies transfer your information outside of the UK and/or EEA, they impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that information to protect your information to the standard required in the UK and/or EEA. They may also require the recipient to subscribe to ‘international frameworks’ intended to enable secure data sharing.
10. How long we keep your information
If we collect your information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under applicable laws. We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collect it unless we believe that the law requires us to preserve it.
If you have made an enquiry or contacted us (via our website or otherwise) in relation to our services, we will store your information for as long as is reasonably required to deal with your enquiry or query.
If you have signed up to receive email marketing from us, we will store your information for as long as you are subscribed to our email marketing list (even if you are no longer an active customer). If you unsubscribe, we will keep your email address on our suppression list to ensure that we do not send you marketing emails.
If your application for an account is not automatically approved or if your application is accepted but you do not proceed, we keep your information for as long as necessary to deal with any ongoing queries you may have and/or compliance with laws and regulations. If your application is accepted and you proceed, we hold your information for a maximum of 7 years from the date on which your relationship with us ends.
Credit reference agencies will retain the information that we give to them for 6 years after your account is closed. Fraud prevention agencies can hold your information for different periods of time, and if you are considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your information can be held for up to 7 years.
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. We hold your personal information for the periods mentioned to establish, bring or defend legal claims.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 7 years following the date of that complaint or query for the purposes of bringing or defending any legal claims;
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or requirement under the law; or
- In limited cases, the law permits us to keep your information indefinitely provided we put certain protections in place.
At the end of the retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Under data protection laws, you have the following rights in respect of your information:
- To have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate and to have incomplete information completed. If you change your details or you discover that any of the other information that we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know.
- To object to processing of your information provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. Except for the purposes for which we are sure we can continue to process your information, we will temporarily stop processing your information in line with your objection until we have investigated the matter. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection laws, we will permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise, we will provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object. If you would like to do so, please contact us at the details at the end of this policy.
- To withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on it to process your information. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receiving any direct marketing to which you previously opted-in, you can do so using the unsubscribe tool in the communications or by contacting us using the details at the end of this policy. If you withdraw your consent, our use of your information before you withdraw is still lawful.
- To restrict processing of your information where you believe it is unlawful for us to do so, provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
- To have your information erased from our systems by contacting us using the details at the end of this policy, provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information.
- To request access to your information and information about how we process it by contacting us using the details at the end of this policy. We may not provide you with a copy of your information if this concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
- To move, copy or transfer your information in a structured data file (“data portability”). Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your information or need to process it in connection with your contract, you may ask us to provide you with a copy of that information in a structured data file.
- In certain circumstances, to contest a decision made about you based on automated decision making, including profiling.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information as mentioned above under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity to protect the confidentiality of your personal information and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
The way we process your information and the legal basis on which we rely to process it may affect the extent to which these rights apply. If you would like to discuss or exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details provided below.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (or other relevant data protection authority) where your information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data protection laws. Please visit the ICO’s website at www.ico.org.uk for further details. We encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have. You can also contact our Data Protection Officer with any data protection concerns. We’ve included how to contact them in section 14 below.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of information, we have physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to keep your information safe.
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This policy does not apply to those other websites‚ so we encourage you to read their privacy statements. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links that we provide. In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party website and recommend that you check the policy of that third party website.
13. Changes to this policy
We may review this policy from time to time and any changes will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our website and/or by contacting you by email or post. Any changes will take effect 7 days after the date of our email/letter or the date on which we post the modified terms on our website, whichever is the earlier. We recommend you regularly check for changes and review this policy whenever you visit our website. If you do not agree with any aspect of the updated policy, you must immediately notify us and cease using our website.
This policy was last updated on 6th November 2020.
14. Contact Us
If you have any specific data protection questions, concerns or a complaint, you can address it to our Data Protection Team using the details below:
Data Controller: RCI Bank UK Limited, Rivers Office Park, Denham Way, Maple Cross, Rickmansworth, WD3 9YS.
Contacting us by post:
Data Protection Officer, RCI Bank UK Limited, Rivers Office Park, Denham Way, Maple Cross, Rickmansworth, WD3 9YS or Freepost RCI BANK (that’s all - no address or stamp needed).
Contacting us by phone:
You can call our team on 0345 6056 050. To help us improve our service we may record and monitor calls. Calls are charged at local rate.
Contacting us by email:
email@example.com. When you email us, we collect some personal details like your name, address and phone numbers. Email isn’t 100% secure – so we advise that you keep personal information to a minimum. With this in mind, please don’t transmit account information using email.
Contacting us by secure message:
When you are logged in to online banking you can send a secure message to contact us.
Emails are stored on our standard internal contact systems which are secure and can’t be accessed by external parties. We store this information for an indefinite period of time in order to identify trends.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.rcibank.co.uk is a site owned and operated by RCI Bank, a trading name of RCI Bank UK Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11429127 and have our registered office at Rivers Office Park, Denham Way, Rickmansworth, WD3 9YS.
RCI Bank is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 815220. You can confirm our registration on the Financial Services Register. RCI Bank is part of the RCI Group of companies whose intermediate parent company is RCI Banque SA trading as “RCI Bank and Services” and whose ultimate parent company is Renault SA (all of which comprise the, “RCI Group” or “Group”). The RCI Group therefore includes, RCI Banque SA, RCI Financial Services Limited, RCI Bank and our ultimate parent company’s group of companies.
If you are not satisfied with any of our products or services, we have a complaint handling procedure that you can use to resolve such matters.
We are subject to the jurisdiction of The Financial Ombudsman Service. If you are still not satisfied after following our complaints procedures, you can ask the Ombudsman to review the complaint.
You can find out more about The Financial Ombudsman Service in a leaflet available by contacting us. Alternatively, you can write to: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR or telephone 0800 023 4567. More information is available on the Financial Ombudsman Service website: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
PASSWORDS AND ACCESS CODES
During the registration procedure, you may be required to enter an account name and a password. You alone are responsible for keeping this account name and password confidential and for all the activities carried out on your account. You shall: (i) inform RCI Bank immediately of any unauthorised use of your account and/or your password and/or any breach of security; and (ii) make sure that at the end of each session you disconnect properly.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Unless otherwise stated on the product pages, the services and products on this website are intended for use by residents of the United Kingdom only and are not aimed at or intended for use by residents of any other jurisdiction.
Where any information on this website constitutes a financial promotion for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, it is issued and approved by us for distribution and use in the United Kingdom only.
This website is designed to be accessed through its principal home pages and such other pages as we may decide. If you access the site through individual pages directly, which are not designed for this purpose, you may not see important information that is relevant to information on this website. You will be referred on certain site pages to read "Legal Information". This will contain important details and/or relevant legal or regulatory information and should be read in conjunction with the relevant site pages.
The contents of this website do not purport to provide any financial, investment or professional advice and nothing on the pages of this website shall be deemed to constitute the offer or provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. In particular, you should obtain advice from a qualified financial adviser before making any investment decision.
RCI Bank is a trading name of RCI Bank UK Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All rights of ownership in the site, illustrations, pictures, sound, script, animation and other material appearing belong to RCI Bank. All rights are strictly reserved. You shall not copy, amend, reproduce in any form whatsoever the information and material on the site or otherwise interfere with the site or do any act that is inconsistent with our rights. Copyright and all intellectual property rights are owned or licenced to RCI Bank.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our site regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
OUR LIABILITY AND LIMIT OF LIABILITY
You visit the site at your own risk. Under no circumstances will RCI Bank or any members of its network be held liable for damages, whether direct or indirect, including but not limited to loss, loss of data or programs, or financial loss resulting from access to or use of this site or any of the sites linked to it (except personal injury or death caused by our negligence). Errors or omissions may occur. Access to the products and services presented on the site may be subject to restrictions. You must therefore make sure that the law of the country from which you have made the connection permits you to access our site.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of the RCI Group and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
• All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
• Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in
connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our
site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted with English law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
RCI Bank is a trademark of RCI Bank UK Limited.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our site.
RCI BANK MOBILE APP MINIMUM TERMS
RCI Bank: APP MINIMUM TERMS
We, RCI Bank UK Limited of Rivers Office Park, Denham Way, Rickmansworth, WD3 9YS license you to use the “RCI Bank” mobile application software (the “App”) and any updates or supplements to it, as permitted in these terms.
We are committed to protecting your personal data. We will use your information for a number of different purposes, for example, to manage your account(s), to provide our products and services to you and others, to provide access to the products and services of trusted third parties, to onboard you as a customer, to access your location if you use certain features, to send you push notifications (if you enable them) and to meet our legal and regulatory obligations. We may also share your information with our trusted third parties for these purposes and in some cases these third parties may require you to accept further terms and conditions.
For more detailed information on how and why we use your information, including your rights in relation to your personal data, please go to https://www.rcibank.co.uk/support-centre/legal-centre/privacy-cookies.
Please be aware that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that any message or information you send using the App or any Service may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
This app uses technologies that capture events and user activities. These technologies help the app to work, check that it’s you when you’re using the app and collect information about how you use the app. This helps us improve how the app works. Dynatrace (classed as Strictly Necessary) is used to monitor the health and keep the app running smoothly. The other tracking is Google Analytics which by default is disabled and users have the option to enable it via the consent management page.
You can manage how the app accesses your device or information using your privacy settings. We need to use certain cookies in order for the app to work, but if you uninstall the app we will no longer collect any information from your device. Any data collected before you uninstall the app will be retained in accordance with our data privacy notice.
In addition, your use of any services which you connect to via the App shall also be governed by any terms and conditions which you agreed to when you began using those services https://www.rcibank.co.uk/support-centre/legal-centre/your-agreement.
The ways in which you can use the App may also be controlled by the rules and policies of the app store you downloaded the App from (for example, Apple’s App Store and Android’s Google Play).
From time to time, we may contact you about the app by email, text or by telephone or post, using the contact details you have provided to us.
Sometimes, these may be marketing messages. If you don’t want to receive them, you can tell us at any time by contacting us on our normal contact number.
We may still sometimes send communications by post, for example, notices about a breach of your agreement. This may be instead of, or in addition to, communications by electronic means.
It is important that you keep us updated with any changes to your contact details.
Please remember that you are responsible for checking your statements whether or not you receive a statement reminder.
Following a period of inactivity, we may remove your access to a digital servicing channel in order to protect your account information. If this happens, you simply need to re-register for access when you are ready.
If your account details or any other information about you changes, tell us straight away.
In return for your agreeing to comply with these terms you may use the App to do the following:
- View the balances of any online savings accounts you have with us;
- View interest rates, interest frequency and interest method;
- View maturity dates;
- Withdraw funds from any “easy access” account you hold with us. Funds withdrawn may only be sent to your “link account”;
- Transfer funds from any “easy access” account you hold with us to any other account you also hold with us (as long as the terms of that other account allows you to deposit funds in it).
- Change Touch ID/Face ID settings;
- Change PIN settings;
- View frequently asked questions (FAQs);
- View information on how to contact us;
- View disclaimers; and
- Log off from the App.
Please note that if you withdraw funds from your “easy access” account and that results in your remaining balance being less than the minimum permitted balance for that account, then your account will automatically be closed.
We won’t ever phone you or send you an email asking for your security details. Nor will we ever ask anybody to do this for us. If anyone contacts you asking for your security details, they may be a fraudster. Tell us straight away on 0345 6056 050.
- The app gives you access to your bank accounts, so you need to make sure you don’t allow anyone to log into your account through the app
- Always keep your phone or tablet secure and close the app if you’re not using it. Don’t let anyone see your PIN if you are viewing it on your app
- Some devices allow you to use your fingerprint or Face ID for logging into the app. If you enable this feature, then anyone whose fingerprint or Face ID is registered on your phone or tablet may be able to log into the app and access your accounts. Therefore, you must not activate this feature if you allow other people to access your phone or tablet using their fingerprint or Face ID. You should delete any other fingerprints or Face ID registered on the device first; otherwise, transactions made by anyone else who has their fingerprint or Face ID registered on the device will be treated as being authorised by you
- Don’t install or use the app on a jail-broken or rooted device. These have had their security features changed in order to work, which makes them less secure, and means that fraudsters could access your phone or tablet and steal your information or money
- For security purposes, always use the latest version of the app.
Your use of the App is free of charge. However, your internet or service provider may charge for using data on your smartphone or tablet device.
The App requires a mobile or handheld device with either iOS 11 (or above) or Android Version 7 (or above) operating system. As the App continues to be enhanced, please refer to the Apple App Store or Google Play for up to date information on the minimum requirements (e.g. amount of memory) needed to be able to run the App on your mobile or handheld device.
Online Resources. If you want to learn more about the App or the Service or have any problems using them please take a look at our support resources at www.rcibank.co.uk/support-centre/mobile-banking-app.
Contacting us (including with complaints). If you think the App or the Services are faulty or misdescribed or wish to contact us for any other reason, please email our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them on 0345 6056 050.
To be able to use the App you will need to first have a savings account with us, and then follow the instructions below to register and activate the App:
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play and download the App;
- Once downloaded, open the App and confirm if you are one of our existing customers;
- Enter your online services User ID and Password;
- Provide the requested characters from your memorable security question;
- Create and confirm your 6 digit App PIN;
- Enable Touch ID/Face ID (if supported on your device); and
- Review and agree to these terms.
If we need to, we can refuse to register you for the app and limit how you use it.
In return for your agreeing to comply with these terms you may:
- Download a copy of the App onto a mobile or handheld device and view, use and display the App on such device for your personal purposes only.
- provided you comply with the “LICENCE RESTRICTIONS” section (Section 15) below, make a copy of the App for back-up purposes; and
- Receive and use any free supplementary software code or update of the App incorporating "patches" and corrections of errors as we may provide to you.
- The maximum number of devices that you can link to your account is ten. If you have ten devices linked and then access the app on a new device, the device that has not been used to access the app for the longest period of time with be deleted. If you would like to register that device again you will need to follow the steps described in the “HOW TO USE THE APP” section (Section 7).
- You can call us on 0345 6056 050 in order to de-register a device.
- If we detect that your device has been compromised in a way that may allow unauthorised or malicious software to be installed, we have the right to prevent you accessing the App using that device.
You must be 18 or over to accept these terms and use the App.
We are giving you personally the right to use the App as set out above at “HOW YOU MAY USE THE APP” section (Section 8). You may not otherwise transfer the App to someone else, whether for money, for anything else or for free. If you sell any device on which the App is installed, you must remove the App from it.
We may need to change these terms to reflect changes in law, regulations or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce.
If we do need to change these terms, the next time you open the App the updated terms will appear, and you will need to read and accept these terms before you can proceed to use the App. If you do not accept the notified changes you will not be permitted to continue to use the App, and your right to use the App will end.
From time to time, we may automatically update the App to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Alternatively, we may ask you to update the App for these reasons.
If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates you may not be able to continue using the App.
The App will always match the description of it provided to you when you install it on your device.
There are some things that we’re not responsible for because, for example, they’re out of our control or they relate to how your phone or tablet works. So we can’t be responsible if you lose money because:
- You can't access the app for any reason or it’s slow
- Any device, hardware or software you use with the app is damaged or corrupted or doesn’t work
- The app doesn’t work as you expect, doesn’t meet your requirements or contains errors or defects or we don't correct these
- You don’t receive a text or message in the app in time
- We’re prevented from providing any service in part or in full because of something a third party does
- You do not update the app when prompted.
If you download or stream the App onto any phone or other device not owned by you, you must have the owner's permission to do so. You will be responsible for complying with these terms, whether or not you own the phone or other device. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage, including, without limitation, any access to your bank accounts if a third party is able to access the App and your account.
By using the App you agree to us collecting and using technical information about the devices you use the App on (for example the model of the device and its operating system) and related software, hardware and peripherals for security reasons, to improve our products and to provide any services to you.
The App or any Service may contain links to other independent websites which are not provided by us. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any).
You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use any such independent sites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
If a security issue arises, or you inform us of one (for example that someone has accessed the App using your login details) we may revoke your login details (your username, password and App PIN). If we revoke your login details you will be issued with a password reset email and you will be able to reset your password and resume use of the App.
We may end your rights to use the App at any time by contacting you if you have broken these terms in a serious way. If what you have done can be put right, we will give you a reasonable opportunity to do so.
If you no longer have a savings account with us then we may also end your rights to use the App at any time, as you will no longer have a need to use the App.
If we end your rights to use the App:
- we may revoke your login details immediately.
- you must stop all activities authorised by these terms, including your use of the App.
- you must delete or remove the App from all devices in your possession and immediately destroy all copies of the App which you have and confirm to us that you have done this.
You agree that you will:
- not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, the App in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us;
- not copy the App, except as part of the normal use of the App or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the App, nor permit the App or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use the App on devices as permitted in these terms;
- not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent that (by virtue of sections 50B and 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are necessary to decompile the App to obtain the information necessary to create an independent program that can be operated with the App or with another program (Permitted Objective), and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
- is not disclosed or communicated without our prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate it in order to achieve the Permitted Objective; and
- is not used to create any software that is substantially similar in its expression to the App;
- is kept secure; and
- is used only for the Permitted Objective;
- comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the App.
- only use the App to view your savings accounts with us or make transactions in relation to those accounts;
- not use the App in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the App or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the App (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these terms);
- not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the App;
- not use the App in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users;
- not collect or harvest any information or data from any service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any service;
- follow all laws that apply to you when using the App.
All intellectual property rights in the App throughout the world belong to us (or our licensors) and the rights in the App are licensed (not sold) to you. You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, the App other than the right to use them in accordance with these terms.
Our licensor is not a party to your contract with us, and makes no commitment to you (whether under this contract, any other contract or otherwise).
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking these terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill [, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable]. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you accepted these terms, both we and you knew it might happen.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
When we are liable for damage to your property. If defective digital content that we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. [However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.]
We are not liable for business losses. The App is for domestic and private use. If you use the App for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Limitations to the App and the Services. The App and the Services are provided for general information and entertainment purposes only. They do not offer advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of information obtained from the App or the Service. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information provided by the App and the Service, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that such information is accurate, complete or up to date.
Please back-up content and data used with the App. We recommend that you back up any content and data used in connection with the App, to protect yourself in case of problems with the App or the Service.
Check that the App and the Services are suitable for you. The App and the Services have not been developed to meet your individual requirements. Please check that the facilities and functions of the App and the Services (as described on the app store site and in the Documentation) meet your requirements.
We are not responsible for events outside our control. If our provision of the Services or support for the App or the Services is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end your contract with us and receive a refund for any Services you have paid for but not received.
This agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement.
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
If you’re unhappy with something
If you're unhappy with the app or feel we have done something wrong, please contact us and give us the opportunity to investigate and resolve the matter. This also helps improve our service for all customers.
If you remain unhappy
If after we have investigated you remain unhappy, you may be able to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). The Financial Ombudsman is a free, independent service for resolving disputes between customers and financial services institutions. If you're eligible to make a complaint to the FOS, you'll need to contact them within 6 months of our final response letter – and they'll ask to see the letter as summary of our investigation of your complaint.
Phone (from a UK landline): 0800 023 4567
The Financial Ombudsman Service